Monday, March 5, 2012

Drawing arrows in Gimp

Gimp (Gnu image manipulation program) is an open source image editor/manipulator that I use regularly to edit images and add text. I often need to add arrows to images and for some strange reason Gimp does not have an arrow button by default. But thanks to
http://registry.gimp.org/node/20269 there is now an easy way to accomplish that. For my purposes, I found these values ideal;
I could have learned a lot by simply reading the asterisk which says that negative values indicate fractions. For example a value of -2 indicates that the length of wings is 1/2 of the length of arrow. A value of -8 for brush thickness indicates that the brush is 1/8th of the length of arrow. For very long arrows one should select very low negative values (-100 or -200) to get reasonable looking arrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment